William Bigrigg passed away on the 9th December 2000. He was born on the 10th September 1926, in Wakefield Yorkshire UK. His ashes are in interred in the Columbrian Wall in Molong.
He came to Fairbridge Molong in August 1939 with his brother Roland. The party was small, only 6 boys. The escorts were Ruth and FKS Woods.
On leaving Fairbridge Bill worked on a farm at Narromine, he apparently was quite happy there.
Bill moved to Molong after several years in the bush and it was there that he met Ruth . He then worked in Molong as an assistant to a builder. He later joined the local council as the maintenance carpenter, staying there for 34 years. Bill actually worked on some of the trainee cottages ie Canonbar cottage in 1953, when they were actually being built as part of his employment.
He is survived by Ruth his wife and two children Jann and Peter. Ruth was very active in the Molong Historical Museum and was recently award Life Membership of the Society.
Ruth describes Bill as a very hard working, caring, and a devoted family man
Bill had another brother, Herbert who came to Molong in June 1939.
Roland Bigrigg died in 2008.